Customize the home page of Genesis framework child themes using Page Builder.
The Genesis framework by StudioPress is probably the best WordPress theme framework on the market. Unfortunately most of the available child themes have a prebuilt layout for the home page, that can’t be easily customized, unless you are a developer, as it requires dealing with templates, hooks, etc. On the other side the Page Builder plugin by SiteOrigin allows you to create responsive page layouts using widgets with simple drag and drop operations. You may combine Genesis and Page Builder to build a flexible layout for your home page, by configuring a static page in your WordPress Reading Settings and build that page using Page Builder, but there are still some caveats when doing this, related to how Genesis handles static pages (page title, layout, styles, etc). This plugin fills the gap between Genesis themes and Page Builder, providing a quick and ready solution to let the two play nicely together.
In particular this plugin does the following:
- Adds the Page Builder support to the current theme
- Adds the Home Page menu under Appearance in WordPress dashboard
- Forces the Genesis full width layout for the front page
- Replaces Genesis child theme loop with the page content generated with Page Builder
- Allows you to control some CSS variations to adjust layout in specific use cases
- Supports both Genesis XHTML and HTML5 child themes